Music Video Editing Contest
FREE Entry! No Purchase Necessary! Grand Prize: FREE Custom Soundtrack!
Here’s your opportunity to show off your film editing skills! Got spare footage lying around collecting dust or want to test your cinematography skills creating scenes for video? Well here’s your chance!
We shot a bare skeleton music video with all the performing footage timed up to the song, “Letters to You”. All you have to do is edit your footage into the video creating a compelling video for your chance to win. Get Creative!!! You can include special effects, edgy angles, whatever you want to make your video stand out and get noticed.
Prizes, including a FREE CUSTOM SOUNDTRACK, are sure to help you with your next film project. Plus, they can help you build your relationships in the industry; know someone in the film community that needs a custom soundtrack for his or her project? You help them, they help you.
Bare “Letters to You” Video
Free custom soundtrack for your next feature length movie!
Free custom soundtrack for your next short film!
Free music license for track of your choice in your next film!
Synopsis of Song (Letters to You):
A troubled girl struggles to keep her relationships intact striving to evade the tendency to burn bridges with friends. Although she repeatedly pushes close friends away in times of distress she’s grateful for the continued loyalty and support of her friends in her pursuit to achieve her life goals and dreams. Her therapeutic antidote: she fights her off-putting tendency to destroy relationships by writing letters to an imaginary friend she considers a heroic luminary.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The O’Connell Music Company’s “Annual #OCMusicContest” Music Video Editing Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 2, 2018 and ends 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 30, 2018.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States & Washington, D.C., 18 years of age and older in their jurisdiction of primary residence as of date of entry. Officers, directors and employees of O’Connell Music Company LLC and the immediate family members of each (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate or win. Subject to all federal, state, local, municipal and provincial laws. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, click on the Entry button and submit your full name and email address. (Your email is needed solely to exchange files for contest purposes only. We will never sell or share your email to any third party. Nor will we send you unsolicited email.) An email will be sent to the email address provided with instructions to access the video file containing footage of the Artist’s music video for “Letters to You” and the audio file containing the Artist’s song “Letters to You.” The person submitting the Entry must be the editor of the video and will be deemed the “Entrant.” Entrants are granted a limited, non-exclusive, license to use the O’Connell Music Company Files solely in connection with this Contest and for no other purpose. Limit one (1) Entry per person/email address. You can only use one (1) email address to enter. Normal internet/phone access and data/usage charges imposed by your phone/internet service provider may apply.All Entries must adhere to the Entry Guidelines indicated below, as determined by O’Connell Music Company in their sole discretion.
4. ENTRY GUIDELINES:Entry must be no longer than 4 minutes in length.
Entry must be in one of the following formats: .mpeg, .mpg4, .avi, .mov, .flv or .wmv.
Entry must include the complete soundtrack of O’Connell Music Company’s song,”Letters to You.”
Entry must not (and Entrants represent and warrant that it will not), violate or infringe any third-party copyright, trademark, trade dress, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (living or deceased), including but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false light.
Entry must not make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, slogans, political, or religious statements, or be otherwise objectionable, as determined in O’Connell Music Company’s sole discretion.
Entry must not include any representation of celebrities, athletes, musicians (other than Artist), or any other public or private figure living or dead, or include any anti-social, political or religious groups, any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or address, phone number, or URL address.
Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in O’Connell Music Company’s sole discretion, will be disqualified.
Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about O’Connell Music Company, the Released Parties, or their respective products and services, the Artist, or other people, products or companies.
Entry must conspicuously credit the composers and performers (minimum of 3 seconds) in the video as follows:
“Letters to You”
Music Written and Performed by:
O’Connell Music Company
(You are encouraged to include your own credits and any collaborators you use in addition to these credits for your contribution to the video editing contest but not required.)
Entrant must “Like”, “Follow” and “Subscribe” on following social media platforms:
(a) “Like” and “Follow” our Facebook page: (https://www.facebook.com/ocmusicco/)
(b) “Subscribe” to our YouTube channel: (https://www.youtube.com/c/EricOConnellOCMusicCo) Entrant is required to use a minimum of thirty (30) seconds of footage from the O’Connell Music Company’s performance video file displayed in whole or increments at the Entrant’s discretion.
Entries must contain one-hundred percent (100%) of the O’Connell Music Company audio file of “Letters to You” in its entirety from beginning to end for Entrant Submission to be eligible.
5. JUDGING: All submitted Entries will be judged by a panel of expert judges (“Judges”) selected by O’Connell Music Company in its sole discretion to select up to three (3) Winners (First Place, Second Place, and Third Place respectively), based on the following criteria: Originality & Creativity (50%); Appropriateness to Category (25%); and Overall Appeal of Video (25%). Limit one (1) Winner per family/household.
6. PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARVs”): One (1) Grand Prize – one (1) customized soundtrack for your next feature length film (ARV $599.00 U.S. Dollars); One (1) Second Place Prize – one (1) customized soundtrack for your next short film (ARV $299.00 U.S. Dollars); One (1) Third Place Prize – one (1) non-exclusive license to use one (1) prerecorded music track for your next film. No cash alternative or substitution of prizes will be allowed. All portions of the prize(s) are non-assignable and non-transferable. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between guidelines, disclosures or other statements contained in any such promotional materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, the English version of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All details and other restrictions of the prize(s) not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by O’Connell Music Company in its sole discretion.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: Winners will be contacted via email provided at time of Entry and will then be required to complete and return via email, an Affidavit (or Declaration) of Eligibility, Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form and a Publicity Release (where imposing such condition is lawful) and Assignment of Rights (collectively, “Prize Documents”). Prize Documents for potential winners will be sent to the email address submitted at the time of Entry. Potential winners will be required to sign and return Prize Documents via email/mail within two (2) weeks of notification attempt or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be determined. Potential winner understands and agrees that, as a condition of being considered a winner, he/she may be subject to a background check, at the sole discretion of O’Connell Music Company. At the discretion of O’Connell Music Company, potential winner may be disqualified if the background check indicates that he/she: (a) has been charged with or convicted of a felony; (b) charged with or convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude or other conduct that O’Connell Music Company in its discretion determines may reflect unfavorably on the Contest or O’Connell Music Company; (c) has been personally involved in interaction deemed by O’Connell Music Company as negative with government/state child & family services/protection agencies; or (d) is not eligible for the Contest or otherwise has not adhered to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. In such event, an alternate potential winner will be selected.
8. GENERAL RULES: By downloading O’Connell Music Company Files and/or participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of O’Connell Music Company/Judges. O’Connell Music Company’s decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest and are not subject to appeal. Usage of O’Connell Music Company Files for any reason other than Entry is prohibited and could be subject to licensing fees and/or criminal prosecution. O’Connell Music Company assumes no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. If an Entrant/voter submits more than the stated number of Entries/Votes permitted, and/or if O’Connell Music Company suspects that an Entrant attempted to obtain additional Entries/Votes by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, all Entries/Votes submitted by the Entrant/voter may be declared null and void. All Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, O’CONNELL MUSIC COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. O’Connell Music Company and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions or failures of any kind, including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Contest, lost, late stolen, misdirected, damaged, incomplete and/or garbled Entries, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the Contest. Consequently, O’Connell Music Company and its agencies are not liable in the event your Entry is not captured due to the aforementioned reasons. O’Connell Music Company reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry/voting process or the operation of the Contest; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, O’Connell Music Company reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. O’Connell Music Company’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of O’Connell Music Company which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest or the Website, O’Connell Music Company reserves the right to cancel the Contest and determine the winners based on the judging criteria in accordance with these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees that the Released Parties (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, or from Entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
9. RELEASE AND GRANT OF RIGHTS: By entering the Contest, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that: (a) O’Connell Music Company is granting entrants a limited, non-exclusive license to use O’Connell Music Company Files solely in connection with, and solely as a part of, the Contest, (b) entrants shall have no right, title or interest in O’Connell Music Company Files, and (c) any use of O’Connell Music Company Files other than as permitted by these Official Rules may infringe upon O’Connell Music Company’s intellectual property rights. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and legal sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, each entrant into the Contest hereby irrevocably grants O’Connell Music Company, their respective successors and assigns, a non-exclusive license (but not the obligation) to reproduce, publicly perform, stream, exploit and otherwise use the Entry throughout the universe, in perpetuity, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to advertising, marketing, publicity, promotion and exploitation of O’Connell Music Company without further notice to, consent by, or payment to entrant. Without in any way limiting the foregoing, O’Connell Music Company has the right, in their sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the Entry for any purpose which O’Connell Music Company deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein. O’Connell Music Company shall have the right to freely assign their rights hereunder, in whole or in part, to any person or entity. O’Connell Music Company shall retain the rights granted in each Entry even if the Entry is disqualified. You also hereby grant to O’Connell Music Company an unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sublicensable and transferable right to use your name, nickname and biographical information (collectively “Personal Content”), in composite or distorted form or as otherwise incorporated into other creative works of authorship, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or hereafter discovered, and in any manner including all promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law). Without limitation of the foregoing, submission of an Entry constitutes your agreement that O’Connell Music Company may display the Entry online for public viewing (whether on O’Connell Music Company’s web pages, applications or on third party web pages or applications), to incorporate the Entry in online and offline promotional advertising, marketing, and/or other commercial materials, and to reproduce, adapt and distribute the Entry in all media whether now known or later developed. You waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses. Entrant may include Entry in his/her personal portfolio, including Behance, after the Contest Period.
10. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: Each entrant represents and warrants that he or she has read, understands and will follow the Official Rules. Entrants further represent and warrant that their Entry and all materials and matter therein: (1) (except for elements that are within the public domain or are O’Connell Music Company Files) are wholly original with such Entrant and are not a copy or imitation of any other material; (2) will not infringe or violate any right whatsoever, including, without limitation, any personal rights (e.g., defamation, privacy, false light, moral right, etc.) or any property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, right to ideas, etc.) of any person or entity and the use thereof will result in no third party liability or obligations; and (3) is not the subject of any threatened or pending litigation, claim or dispute that might give rise to litigation, which adversely affects or in any way prejudices, impairs or diminishes the rights granted hereunder or the value thereof. Each Entrant further represents and warrants that he or she has the right to agree to and fully perform consistent with these Official Rules and the consent of no third parties are required to grant the rights hereunder. Entrant further acknowledges and agrees that he/she has not previously granted, assigned or otherwise hypothecated his/her Entry to any other third party. Further, each Entrant represents and warrants that O’Connell Music Company’s use of any Entry shall not violate an agreement to which such Entrant has signed. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any third party claim, to the extent relating to any breach or alleged breach of any representation, warranty or covenant made by such Entrant in connection with his or her acceptance of these Official Rules or Contest activities.
12. NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP/WAIVER OF EQUITABLE RELIEF: Each Entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the Entrant and the Released Parties is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the Entrant’s decision to provide the Entrant’s Entry to O’Connell Music Company for purposes of the Contest does not place the Released Parties in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Entrant’s Entry. Each Entrant understands and acknowledges that the Released Parties have wide access to ideas, stories, designs, and other materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees. Each Entrant also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to the Entry and/or each other in theme, idea, plot, format or other respects. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such Entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of any Released Party’s use of any such similar or identical material. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Released Parties do not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the Entry. Finally, each Entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by Entrant relating to or arising out of a Released Party’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Entry or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable Entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such Entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief, and Entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law. 13. NO OBLIGATION TO USE: O’Connell Music Company shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any Entry or to otherwise exploit any Entry, or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and O’Connell Music Company may at any time abandon the use of the Entry for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and Entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof. 14. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR O’CONNELL MUSIC COMPANY IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. 15. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by December 31, 2018, to: Annual #OCMusicContest Winners, 6500 Rosebelle Avenue, North Ridgeville, OH 44039.